Witty Twitter + Darrel’s Identi.ca patch = Witty Identi.ca Client
Witty Identi.ca Client?
Finally found some time to play with Darrel Miller’s Identi.ca patch for Witty Twitter client. Good news: it works.
If you want to try it too, this is what I did:
- Checked out the source code of Witty Twitter client using TortoiseSVN subversion client on Windows Vista.
- Downloaded Darrel Miller’s Identi.ca patch for Witty.
- Applied the patch using TortoiseSVN(no patch/cygwin tools for Windows needed!).
(I got errors related to ITweet.cs in the patch file, so I edited it manually; http://ur1.ca/0tx. Use my modified patch file if you get similar errors.)
- Built the patched Witty source code in Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition 2008(with no configuration changes).
- Ran Witty(from “Release” directory), entered Identi.ca login details(alas, you are out of luck if you use only OpenID based login), and there I have all my contacts’ Identi.ca messages :)
- I can upload the patched source code/built binary files somewhere if anybody wants to play with it without going through the patching/building business.
So this is fun.
What is Witty: “Witty is a free, open source Twitter client for Windows Vista and XP powered by the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). ”
What is WPF: “Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides developers with a unified programming model for building rich Windows smart client user experiences that incorporate UI, media, and documents.”
What is Identi.ca: “Identi.ca is a micro-blogging service based on the Free Software Laconica tool.”